A program funded by the Illinois Department of Human Services and administered by Child Care Resource & Referral.
The Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS) offers child care assistance to families that qualify through the Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP).
You may be able to get help paying for child care if:
- You live in Illinois AND
- You have a child or children under the age of 13* AND
- You are working and meet income guidelines OR
- You receive TANF and are in an education, training, or other work activity approved by your caseworker, OR
- You are a teen parent (under age 20) in high school, an alternative high school or GED program, OR
- You are attending in-person education or training activities including, ESL, high school equivalency, GED, vocational training, and 2- and 4-year college degree programs.
- *Special needs children over the age of 13 may qualify with documentation
To check your income eligibility please review the Income Guidelines or visit the IDHS Eligibility Calculator:
- Please note that only CCR&R can calculate the total monthly income that will be used for determining eligibility for the program.
If you are working, please ensure you include the following along with your completed application.
- 2 current and consecutive pay stubs
- For new jobs, include a Wage Verification Form (filled out by your employer)
- For Self-Employed
- – Self-Employment Record Form
- – A copy of your most recent Federal Income Tax Return (IRS 1040) and all schedules and attachments.
- – If you have not worked long enough to file taxes you can submit: A listing of all business income and expenses for eth last 30 days. When reporting income and expenses all receipts, invoices, and/or other documentation must be attached t verify all information.
- If you are attending school, please ensure you include the following along with your completed application:
- – Copy of your official school schedule
- – Copy of your most recent report card showing your current term grade point average (GPA)
- If you currently do not have a child care provider, we are happy to help. Please visit our Child Care Options page, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call our referral specialist at 815-741-1179
- You and your provider will be notified by mail of approval or denial within 30 business days after we receive the completed application and all required paperwork.
- All families pay a portion of the cost as a co-payment. The amount of the family’s co-payment is based on income and family size. For more information visit https://www.dhs.state.il.us/page.aspx?item=31071
- For more information please visit the IDHS Child Care Assistance (CCAP) page https://www.dhs.state.il.us/page.aspx?item=30355
- For questions or case inquiries please call us at 815-741-4622 or email us at email@example.com
- Re-determination Form: is needed when your current approval ends and you need to redetermine (extend) your case. *Families who are redetermining must fall below 185% of the current Federal Poverty Level. Click here for guidelines. Please note cancellation notices are automatically sent to all families 30 days prior to eligibility ending. If you submitted a re-determination prior to termination date do not be alarmed.
- Change of Information Form: can be used for any changes that need to be made to your case (i.e. adding a new baby, change in employment and/or school, address change, change in work schedule). If you are reporting a change in income, please submit two (2) current consecutive pay stubs or an income verification form if employment just began.
- Change of Provider Form: is used to change to a different provider or add an additional provider to your case. This form is also used when you are adding a child currently included in your family size to to an existing child care provider.